Source: Super Entrepreneurs Podcast Information provided by Super Entrepreneurs Podcast "In today's enlightening episode, we…
Peter Winick is the founder and CEO of Thought Leadership Leverage. For the past two decades he has helped individuals and organizations build and grow revenue streams through designing and growing their thought leadership platforms as well as acting as a guide and advisor for increasing business to business sales of thought leadership products.
His clients come from a diverse set of backgrounds and specialties. They include New York Times bestselling business book authors, members of the Speakers’ Hall of Fame, recipients of the Thinkers50 award, CEOs of public and privately held companies, and academics at prestigious institutions such as Yale, Wharton, Dartmouth, and London School of Business.
Peter has built his career and Thought Leadership Leverage to serve the needs of these individuals and others like them. Specifically, he uses his entrepreneurial experience and spirit along with a passion for using relationships to leverage growth. He uses a combination of art, science, logic, focus, passion, and creativity to transform a thought leader’s great ideas into a platform and practice so they can effectively reach business leaders and executives to serve them the tools they and their organizations need.
- Peter’s two biggest habits are:
- Being a life learner. He can’t get enough information because his want for learning is almost insatiable.
- He has a strong trait between grit and persistence.
- One of Peter’s biggest breakthroughs was the discovery of an overlap of two circles he thought were distinct and separate:
- One circle is the entrepreneurial loving of building businesses and fixing things.
- The other circle was his passion as a lifelong learner for thought leadership.
- What is thought leadership?
- The thoughtful part is about what you are putting out that is thoughtful.
- The leadership part is about being willing to take that conversation to the next level and having that courage to lead.
- You should invest in thought leadership because it helps you stand out.
- Your business should invest in thought leadership because it creates indirect monetization and is a way for your brand to stand out.
- Thought leadership helps you attract new clients.
- COVID has accelerated existing trends.
- Start with the end in mind.
- What are the goals?
- Businesses must focus their marketing.
- You can’t market to everyone unless you’re Google.
- Constraints lead to freedom.
- There are three ways to monetize your content:
- You can do more of what you do as a content creator.
- You can charge more for your content.
- You can convert your content into other mediums.
- Peter helps businesses succeed by:
- Getting tight on the strategy.
- Developing their brand and platform.
- Creating their products.
- And then finally, monetizing their content.
- The number one starting point is being consistent.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Your activities and website reflect you.
Peter Winick’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? It affects you so much.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He has five cups of coffee and does what he loves with the people he loves.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His wife is his number one connection.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? Go for it.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? If you want it bad enough, you can do it.