Our process for developing thought leaders is simple.
Start with a strategy, it’s our core belief. We’ve seen folks do lots of tactical things over the years and many folks that we work with either don’t have a strategy in place, have an antiquated one or one that isn’t effective. After the Strategy Session, we take the engagements one at a time. You can work with us for any, all or just the parts you need.
Step 1 - Strategy Session
A Thought Leadership Strategy Session serves as an in-depth introduction between our organizations.
Define or Refine Your Platform
Develop a Business Model
Review Your Goals and Resources
Objective Expert Review
Move Beyond Tactics
- Schedule Strategy Session
- Send Us Your Materials
- Meet for the Strat Session
- Post-Session Debrief of Your Strategy Report
Step 2 - Development
Depending on your current status, maturity, and success as a thought leader, here are some disciplines we help you build.
Know who your buyers are and tell them the story of how you solve their pain points. A sales narrative is essential for:
- Accelerating inbound lead conversations
- Increasing opportunities in inbound leads
- Having advisory council calls and reintroductions
- Presenting possible new offerings
- Gauging demand for potential new offerings
Identify where to focus your effort to produce the greatest impact, categorizing connections into the following groups:
Influencers: Promote you either in their organizations or to contacts in their network.
Connectors: Help connect you to decision makers.
Decision Makers: Able to act on their organization’s behalf.
Research: Contacts you have lost touch with. Where are they today?
Marketing: People who do not fit any of the above categories; stay connected in a scalable man.
Identify patterns in your network that can be leveraged more effectively. Uncover latent value from these networks—decision maker, influencer, connector, and avatar.
- Introduce existing and past clients to your platform.
- Stimulate demand for existing offerings.
- Gain an understanding of where product investments should be made.
We serve as an intellectual sparring partner to help you polish and codify your ideas. We will help you express them in clear ways.
- It is a foundational step for telling others about your new platform.
- It focuses your language.
- It helps attract the right economic buyers.
- It also helps with your asset creation.
Targeted campaigns are designed to generate interest and leads within specific populations. Success can be measured by book sales and proposals generated, but ultimately by sales of your platform’s suite of solutions.
We develop branding with templates and style guide.
We can also create wireframes, design, and launch a new website, including content writing, website development, selection and placement of images, and QA.
Or, we can review and provide suggested improvements for an existing website, considering your new offerings and the story developed through your sales narrative.
We advise or assist you in identifying content topics for blog posts, articles, videos, and other thought leadership content.
We can also assist in creation of editorial assets.
A Reintro Tour generates quick-hit revenue by introducing new capabilities to existing clients. It locates untapped opportunities within your immediate network and generates new streams of cash flow for the business.
A combination of sales and sales engineering to help your turn connections into revenue. We advise and assist with the following activities.
- We will help you identify new opportunities.
- We will help you shape and scope engagements.
- We will help you make sales.
- We will attend sales calls and meetings (as appropriate) to assist in the sales process.
- We will work with buyers to discuss their needs; scope
opportunities; and price offerings.
- We will write proposals (where needed) and/or review proposals you craft.
- We will negotiate deals on your behalf.
- We will navigate a deal through procurement.
- We will actively manage the account and work the account.
Step 3 - Go-to-Market & Monetize
Now that you’ve built a new story, client-tested it, and logged some actual client interest, let’s create some money-makers.
Create a diagnostic to determine an organization’s capacity to implement your platform into their culture. This is a great front door offering.
- Review company data and assess platform capability, measuring resources and challenges impacting the organization’s integration of your platform.
- Provide recommendations targeting individual, team, manager, and executive levels, and help make an action plan for moving forward…to provide your solutions.
Training provides the keys to your platform, adding skillsets, and building toward greater utilization. Develop 10 to 15 modules of online video content with a 10-to-12-minute learning activity to support each module. Scalable from one to infinity.
If you don’t have one, we can create one. Train facilitators and license the use of your training.
Create individual and team assessments. Identify criteria (what we’re measuring) and how we want to measure it.
- It can be offered as a stand-alone product or integrated with other offerings—such as workshops or digital learning.
- As an independent product, it becomes a scalable offering that can be sold on a per employee basis to large or small groups.
- It increases learner impact (and concept stickiness) when used as part of a rollout.
Executive Coaching, Long-term Advisory Support
A high-end (meaning high revenue) product. A mastermind group is a set of non-competing peers who gather with you to learn the basics of your platform, working together to learn key principles, add and enhance skillsets, and acquire the tools they need to achieve success.
Self-study guides and management tools to help build your platform among an organization’s teams. Create new ones or sell more of what you have.
Another great front door and one you may already be using. Sell a series of Live Online or start with a Keynote and launch a complete suite of offerings into a client.