Our process for developing thought leaders is simple.
Start with a strategy, it’s our core belief. We’ve seen folks do lots of tactical things over the years and many folks that we work with either don’t have a strategy in place, have an antiquated one or one that isn’t effective. After the Strategy Session, we take the engagements one at a time. You can work with us for any, all or just the parts you need.
Step 1 - Strategy Session
A Thought Leadership Strategy Session serves as an in-depth introduction between our organizations.
Define or Refine Your Platform
Develop a Business Model
Review Your Goals and Resources
Objective Expert Review
Move Beyond Tactics
- Schedule Strategy Session
- Send Us Your Materials
- Meet for the Strat Session
- Post-Session Debrief of Your Strategy Report
Step 2 - Development
Depending on your current status, maturity, and success as a thought leader, here are some disciplines we help you build.
- Accelerating inbound lead conversations
- Increasing opportunities in inbound leads
- Having advisory council calls and reintroductions
- Presenting possible new offerings
- Gauging demand for potential new offerings
Identify where to focus your effort to produce the greatest impact, categorizing connections into the following groups:
Influencers: Promote you either in their organizations or to contacts in their network.
Connectors: Help connect you to decision makers.
Decision Makers: Able to act on their organization’s behalf.
Research: Contacts you have lost touch with. Where are they today?
Marketing: People who do not fit any of the above categories; stay connected in a scalable man.
Identify patterns in your network that can be leveraged more effectively. Uncover latent value from these networks—decision maker, influencer, connector, and avatar.
- Introduce existing and past clients to your platform.
- Stimulate demand for existing offerings.
- Gain an understanding of where product investments should be made.
- It is a foundational step for telling others about your new platform.
- It focuses your language.
- It helps attract the right economic buyers.
- It also helps with your asset creation.
We can also create wireframes, design, and launch a new website, including content writing, website development, selection and placement of images, and QA.
Or, we can review and provide suggested improvements for an existing website, considering your new offerings and the story developed through your sales narrative.
We can also assist in creation of editorial assets.
- We will help you identify new opportunities.
- We will help you shape and scope engagements.
- We will help you make sales.
- We will attend sales calls and meetings (as appropriate) to assist in the sales process.
- We will work with buyers to discuss their needs; scope
opportunities; and price offerings.
- We will write proposals (where needed) and/or review proposals you craft.
- We will negotiate deals on your behalf.
- We will navigate a deal through procurement.
- We will actively manage the account and work the account.
- Keep an active presence on LinkedIn (a “maintenance” program).
- Take the burden of writing posts off your plate.
- Research and development + audience testing for new platform pieces (when appropriate).
Step 3 - Go-to-Market & Monetize
Now that you’ve built a new story, client-tested it, and logged some actual client interest, let’s create some money-makers.
- Review company data and assess platform capability, measuring resources and challenges impacting the organization’s integration of your platform.
- Provide recommendations targeting individual, team, manager, and executive levels, and help make an action plan for moving forward…to provide your solutions.
- It can be offered as a stand-alone product or integrated with other offerings—such as workshops or digital learning.
- As an independent product, it becomes a scalable offering that can be sold on a per employee basis to large or small groups.
- It increases learner impact (and concept stickiness) when used as part of a rollout.