Source: Lift-Off With Energizing Results Podcast Peter Winick is the founder and CEO of Thought…
OTS 262: Perfect Timing – Peter Winick
Source: OTS 262: Perfect Timing – Peter Winick
Today’s guest believes thoughtful planning can lead to great success in business.
For the past two decades, he has helped individuals and organizations build and grow revenue streams through designing and growing their thought leadership platforms as well as acting as a guide and advisor for increasing business to business sales of thought leadership products.
His clients come from a diverse set of backgrounds and specialties. They include New York Times bestselling business book authors, members of the Speakers’ Hall of Fame, recipients of the Thinkers50 award, CEOs of public and privately held companies, and academics at prestigious institutions such as Yale, Wharton, Dartmouth, and London School of Business.
He is the host of the “Leveraging Through Leadership” podcast where he explores how independent thought leaders bring their ideas to scale within the business world.
Please join me in welcoming Peter Winick.
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is the ability to get others to voluntarily want to follow you using a combination of intrinsic and extrinsic tools.”
- his college experience and trying to figure out what he wanted to do with his life.
- the influence of watching his father being an entrepreneur who owned his own limousine business in New York.
- what caused him to never want to work for someone else ever again.
- his first business venture creating a food delivery service.
- how he met Keith Ferrazzi and how they worked together as he was starting his business.
- the importance of maintaining relationships vs. popping up to ask for a favor out of nowhere.
- using the recession as an opportunity instead of a stopping point.
- his prediction for the future of public speaking.
- his strategy during the pandemic and being forced out of his comfort zone.
- how he nurtures and sustains his network.
- Peter Winick on LinkedIn and Twitter.