How many times have you searched the internet for some piece of information, only to find out-of-date websites and old news?
Despite the fact that stale content makes customers run for the hills, businesses and brands of all sizes still fail to let their online presence always remain fresh and relevant. Visitors see old blog posts that are no longer relevant; the same material, over and over again. When that happens, it sends a powerful message – and not a good one.
The Content Marketing Institute said that 78% of B2B marketers considered content creation one of the top factors that contributed to their success in 2017. In fact, they said that 63% of global marketers consider content generation to be the single most effective tactic for generating traffic and leads.
But, like a great car, your content needs regular attention: updated statistics; new blog posts; fresh event listings and relevant examples from your work. You need to experiment with a variety of formats and platforms. Fresh images and stories can update your content and keep your audience interested, impressed, and most importantly, coming back for more.
There are plenty of ways to repackage your content.
Incorporating new mediums and formats can attract different segments of your audience, and liven up your diversity:
• Interactive material, including videos, podcasts, polls, and quizzes.
• Webinars and online courses, including “refresher” sessions for pre-existing clients.
• Social media content: Updated blog posts, or “Part Two” of posts that garnered a lot of attention, using new pictures, examples, and stories.
• Switch up your content length; short blog posts; one or two-line tips; instructional “how-to” tutorials; a chapter from the book you’re working on.
• Round-up posts. At their simplest, they can exist as a collection of links earlier articles or blog posts, or a compiled list of your RSS feed topics. Supplement the links with original commentary and be sure to link back to the original posting!
You’re pouring your efforts into content generation. You have amazing ideas. It’s important to repurpose them so that your content has maximum relevance and sustainability. Find old topics and ideas, and add a new, unique spin – or update the content toward today’s events and discussions.
By re-purposing your best thoughts in new formats, you can drive long-lasting, positive results. Your ideas, your content is your number one asset. Don’t let it sit idle.